HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
This first aid course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to manage emergency first aid situations, including treating an unconscious casualty, performing CPR and controlling bleeding. HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is the standard course required for employment in many industries and job roles.
This course is mandatory for those working in security, childcare and education, aged care and disability and for roles including Workplace First Aiders and for Continuing Professional Development for Nursing.
We run our courses as mixed mode delivery. This means you need to complete a pre-course workbook prior to attending a 1 day practical session. The workbook will be sent to you electronically.
You must complete the theory workbook component and bring the completed assessment with you on the practical training day. Do not skip components of the workbook, you must read each section and complete all activities as this is important fundamental learning. If you do not have the completed assessment sheet on the practical training day, you will not be able to participate.The workbook will take between 4-8 hours to complete depending on your skill level.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for the Unit of Competency HLTAID011 Provide First Aid. The Australian Resuscitation council recommends you refresh CPR annually and your full qualification at least every three years.
Assessment comprises of both theory and practical exercises on successful completion, participants will receive a nationally approved statement of attainments for followings.
Candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
There must be evidence that the candidate has completed the following tasks in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Applied first aid procedures in general
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes